Loksewa Aayog – Public Service Commission changed the syllabus of Kharidar and published a new syllabus.
Check here New Updated kharidar Syllabus 2078
PAPER I: – (General Knowledge and Basic Office Skills Test)
Section (A) : General Knowledge
|Section (A): 60 Marks||30 Questions × 2 Marks = 60 Marks|
1. Solar System and Geography (6 questions × 2 marks = 12 Marks)
1.1 General information on solar system and earth.
1.2 Geography of World – continent, ocean, pole, latitude, longitude, time, distance, mountains, earthquake, volcano, rivers, glaciers, lakes, climate.
1.3 Geography of Nepal – geographical location, relief features and natural resources (water resources, animals, plants, soils, minerals, mountains).
2. History (6 questions × 2 marks = 12 Marks)
2.1 History of the World – Industrial revolution, French revolution, American War of independence, Russian revolution/October revolution, First and Second World wars and Indian movement for independence: events, causes and effects.
2.2 History of Nepal (From ancient period till now)
2.2.1 Social, economic and political conditions of Kiranti Period, Lichhavi Period and Malla Period.
2.2.2 Modern history of Nepal (from Nepal’s unification to present day) notable political events, social, cultural and economic conditions.
3.Social and economical aspect of Nepal and Polity (6 questions × 2 marks = 12 Marks)
3.1 Information on social aspect including traditions, norms, values, religions, ethnicity, languages, cultures, arts, literature, music, cultural heritages
3.2 Economic Indicators (economic growth, GDP, per capita income, remittance, foreign investment, foreign co-operation)
3.3 Economic status (agriculture, industry, trade, tourism, transportation, communication, development planning) of Nepal.
3.4 Polity and governance of Nepal – constitution, federal system, political system.
4. Science Technology, Public Health and Environment (6 questions×2 marks = 12 Marks)
4.1 Information on recent scientific activities and major inventions of science which has direct impact on human life.
4.2 General Information on health, food and nutrition.
4.3 Information on ecology, bio-diversity, sustainable development, climate change, environment management, pollution, population, urbanization, settlement (migration)
5.International Relations and Current Affairs (6 questions × 2 marks = 12 Marks)
5.1 International affairs and institutions – the UNO and regional organizations (the SAARC, ASEAN, EU).
5.2 Information on current affairs of national and international importance, and noted personalities and thinkers.
Section (B) : Basic Office Skills Test (BOST)
|Section (B): 40 Marks||20 Questions × 2 Marks = 40 marks|
The Basic Office Skills Test (BOST) includes the following tests:
- Verification test: This test will include questions that check or find errors or similarities or differences on data, numbers or verbal information.
- Completion: This test will consist of questions on verbal or numerical or non-verbal (pictorial) details to complete blank space, series, pattern or matrix logically.
- Classification: This test will include questions on verbal or numerical or non-verbal
(pictorial) details to classify or differentiate logically.
- Analogy: This test will include questions on verbal or numerical or non-verbal (pictorial) details to find out relations logically.
- Filing aptitude test: This test will include questions to solve the verbal and numerical filing items or operation alphabetically, numerically or chronologically.
- Follows instructions: This test will include questions that can be solved by following the written instructions exactly.
- Numerical reasoning test: This test will include questions related to fundamental arithmetic operations.
- Coding & Matching test: This test will include questions relating to coding and matching of verbal or numerical details.
- Analytical reasoning test: This test will include verbal or numerical or non-verbal (pictorial) types of analytical reasoning questions.
- Direction and Distance sense test: This test will include questions to find the direction and distance.
Note:- The main purpose of the Basic Office Skills Test (BOST) is to assess a candidate’s ability to perform essential clerical tasks quickly and accurately, i.e. read quickly, check the accuracy of verbal and numerical information, compare sets of information, follow written instructions, understand and interpret written material and make simple decisions.
It assesses a candidate’s ability and reasoning to determine the appropriate arithmetic operation for solving a problem. It also assesses a candidate’s visual speed and accuracy as well as space relations aptitude.
The nature and standard of questions in Basic Office Skills Test (BOST) will be such that an educated Class X level person will be able to answer them without any specialized study. Focus will be on testing a candidate’s ability to think logically on the basis of a set of rules and analyze situations using common sense. It will reflect the candidates’ ability to analyse rather than the ability to memorise.
Kharidar First Paper Syllabus :- PDFkharidar-1st-paper-syllabus
Kharidar 2nd Paper Syllabus :- PDFkharidar-2nd-paper-syllabus