Environment and Social Commitment Plan PDF
- The Government of Nepal(hereinafter the Recipient) will implement the COVID 19 School Sector
Response Project (herein after the Project) in all provinces of Nepal, with the involvement of the
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST). The International Development Association
(hereinafter the Bank) has agreed to provide financing for the Project.
- The Recipientwill implementmaterial measures and actions so that the Project is implemented in
accordance with the World Bank’s Environmental and Social Standards (ESSs). This Environmental and
Social Commitment Plan (ESCP) sets out the material measures and actions, any specific documents or
plans, as well as the timing for each of these.
- The Recipient will also comply with the provisions of any other E&S documents required under the ESF
and referred to in this ESCP, such asthe Environmentaland Social Management Framework (ESMF),
Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Indigenous Peoples Planning Framework (IPPF), Labor Management
Procedure (LMP) and the timelines specified in those E&S documents.
- The Recipient is responsible for compliance with all requirements of the ESCP even when
implementation of specific measures and actions is conducted by the Ministryreferenced in 1. above.
- Implementation of the material measures and actions set out in this ESCP will be monitored and
reported to the Bank by the Recipientas required by the ESCP and the conditions of the legal
agreement.TheWorld Bank will monitor and assess progress and completion of the material measures
and actions throughout implementation of the Project.
- As agreed by the Bank and the Recipient, this ESCP may be revised from time to time during Project
implementation, to reflect adaptive management of Project changes and unforeseen circumstances or
in response to assessment of Project performance conducted under the ESCP itself. In such
circumstances, the Recipientwill agreeto the changes with the Bank and will update the ESCP to reflect
such changes.Agreement on changes to the ESCP will be documented through the exchange of letters
signed between the Bank and the Recipient. TheRecipient will promptly disclose the updated
ESCP.Where Project changes, unforeseen circumstances, or Project performance result in changes to the
risks and impacts during Project implementation, the Recipientshall provide additional funds, if needed,
to implement actions and measures to address such risks and impacts