After the National Examination Board (NEB) published the results of the Secondary Education Examination (SEE) in the midst of the growing contagion of the corona virus, the attention of students towards admission in class 11 has shifted. However, officials said that the decision on admission would be taken only after Bhadra 15.
Gehnath Gautam, director of the Center for Education and Human Resource Development, said that the government had made the results public during the transition with the objective of not wasting students’ academic sessions. He said, “Admission will be decided only after bhadra 15.”
Government officials have claimed that this time there was no significant loss in terms of time as the academic session of class 11 started only from July 15 last year. With this, there is still a faint hope that about five lakh students will complete their academic session on time. It has been argued that even if the results are published a little later than before, if the academic activities are regular now, the academic session of the students will not be wasted.
Gautam said that there would be no educational problem for the students of class 11. He said that the students studying in class 11 would not have any problem even if the class started two or three months late due to the risk of virus. He informed that there will be no problem in the case of class 11 students if discussions are going on.
Students enrolling in Class 11 this time will have to study a new curriculum that will be implemented in the new class from this academic session. The government has already decided to implement a new curriculum from the new academic session.
The government is going to make the decision of enrollment and archiving of the students studying in class 11 after September 30. Director Gautam informed that the government will take a decision only after all the processes including recruitment have been stopped till August 30 due to the corona virus. He said there was no need to worry for a few months even though it was not possible to say when the enrollment would start due to the growing number of infections. The government has clarified that the school cannot be opened even for conducting online classes in the absence of immediate enrollment of students.
The National Examination Board has started preparations to send the student’s certificate to the school for the next two to three weeks. After this, the formal way will be opened for the admission of students. Ram Raj Khakurel, Controller of Examinations of the Board, said that it would be time for the students to study as the school will conduct the examination itself in May.